Have you always wanted to make a real difference to people’s lives? Come join our team! For more than 40 years SafeNet has been providing support services and working to prevent violence and abuse within the North West of England.
We are at the forefront of promoting safe healthy relationships and the conditions for productive and positive futures. SafeNet deliver innovative and life-changing services to support over 500 victims and survivors each year. We are based in Burnley, Lancaster, Rochdale, Bury, Preston and Pendle. Safenet have won many nationally recognised awards including the Inclusive Top 50 UK Employer 2019/2020.
Safenet Domestic Abuse Services have a shared purpose as part of the Calico Group, each sector having its own specialism and expertise but with “One Calico” vision:- to help people to build a better future, whatever their background and wherever they are in their life’s journey.
Because we know we can always do more for our customers, we are continually expanding the range of services which we offer and looking for new talent. This means we need more amazing people who share our values and have real passion for helping others.
What you'll be doing
As a Refuge Assistant within SafeNet’s Refuge, you will work closely with the refuge team offering safe, secure and welcoming refuge accommodation and support. This is an exciting and rewarding role where you’ll be able to positively impact people’s future, improving their prospects and their quality of life.
We currently have vacancies at our Lancaster and Preston sites on a number of different hours.
Your hours of work would be either: –
- Preston, which will be 12 hours per week, 20 hours per week, 24 hours per week or 27 hours per week
- Lancaster, which will be 29.5 hours per week.
This role does involve working various shifts on a rota basis throughout the week, including weekends and on specific days will involve sleeping onsite overnight.
These are permanent positions with a salary of £18942 pro rata.
What you will get in return
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- A fabulous wellbeing programme
- Be part of a values lead culture
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
There are so many more benefits to working for SafeNet and the Calico Group, too many to mention!
If you’re still not sure, why not take a look at our company website for more information https://calico.org.uk/
What you will need to be a success
- Experience of working within a customer service or administrative role
- Experience of working in a supportive non-judgemental way with vulnerable people
- Good listener with effective communication skills, the ability to confidently liaise with other parties
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic & sexual abuse, violence and its impacts
- An understanding of domestic abuse within BAME communities
- Knowledge and understanding of the diverse and additional needs of refuge residents
- Ability to think clearly and act appropriately in a dynamic and pressured environment
- Excellent time management and organisational skills working on own initiative and within a multi-disciplinary team
- To be computer literate using computer packages i.e. word documents, emails, spreadsheets and in-house case management systems
- An awareness of conducting basic Health & Safety, Fire Regulation checks
- To proactively carry out cleaning and manual tasks required at the refuge
- Ability to problem solve and find the solution quickly and effectively
Ready to Apply?
If you think you have everything we’re looking for in a Refuge Assistant, then we’d love to hear from you.
You can apply by completing the attached application form and sending to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state in your email the location of the role you wish to apply for.
- Preston – 12 hours/20 hours/24 hours or 27 hours per week
- Lancaster, which will be 29.5 hours per week
Closing date: 27th January 2021 at midday
Not the job for you? Have a look at what other exciting opportunities the Calico group has to offer https://calicojobs.co.uk/